Top 5 of Life: December

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Wow, it's been a while since I've did a top 5...sorry about that. I've been told by many people that this is their favorite part of my blog and I'M SLACKING, I'M SORRY!! But here's my top 5 of December (and maybe a bit of November...we'll see...)

1) Nice people on the internet. This is vague, I know, so let me explain. My brother, Cameron, is a special kid who has a hard time with social situations, which means he has a hard time making friends. Every year during Christmas time, I get some cards and gifts from friends and every time he asks "did I get any?" and he never does. So this year, he has been working his butt off at school and at his new job and I wanted to show that people care so I asked if people could send him Christmas cards this year. After I put out the memo about it, I got so many people messaging me, asking if they could send him a card. I got anxious/excited about it so I told Cameron that he was going to receive some cards (and I filmed his reaction!) and he is really thankful, even though he hasn't received any  yet since I JUST put out the memo. What he doesn't know is that he's going to be getting cards from all over the world, like Australia, Canada, France, and Belgium! I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS ALL!! I think I'm more excited than he is!! If you are reading this and would like to send a card to Cameron, I'll include my social media's below so you can message me! I live in the US, by the way!! Thank you ALL who are taking part of this, friend's or strangers, I'm so overwhelmed I might cry. I'll update after the holidays about the cards, too!!!

Twitter
Instagram
And if you liked to email, just copy and paste this into your email: Mhuibregtse@sbcglobal.net


2) Baking for coworkers. I started my dream retail job (is that a thing?) this past march. I commend my manager for hiring the best people I've ever met. My coworkers are my friends and some of them I never want to lose. So I decided to show them my appreciation by making them holiday cards and baking goodies for them. I worked hard on the goodies and I'm so thankful that they liked it when I gave it to them. I honestly think they liked the cards better than the baked goods, but I still had a fun time showing my love to them!





3) Mini road trips. I have never really driven more than an hour away from my home by myself. I think 10 minutes is far away. I know, I know, I'm a wimp. But my grandma lives a state away and it's about 2 and a half hours if I didn't get lost. I randomly had 4 days off in a row from work and decided to drive to her house by myself. I had to drive through a major city and it was terrifying and I got lost (it was inevitable, if you know me) but I made it! It was so much fun and I think my grandma really enjoyed me being there. I bought some Christmas gifts for people in her little tourist town by her house and ate the best mac and cheese I've ever had. And I didn't get lost when I drove home! I say the whole thing was a 'win'.

4) Harry Styles' concert. Ok, this is from September but I never wrote about it!! I'm the biggest Harry Styles fan EVER and 98% of people didn't get tickets to his small venue tour this year. BUT I DID (thanks to my friend, Mary). I literally got the last seat in the house, but it was small enough for me to have a good time, even though I was by myself. Harry is a great performer and if you get tickets for his tour next year, I promise you won't be disappointed! P.s. I waited by the backdoor of the theater to see him walk in and he waved at us and I got a video of it. I screamed a bit. 




5) Making shirts. I couldn't stay away. I'm back to making shirts. The other day, I was like "designing shirts is what I love to do. Why not start it again?" So I made another Etsy shop and put up some designs. My shirts are designed simplistically with fonts. Because simple is cool. I use lyrics or positive quotes on my shirts because having shirts that say "screw you" just isn't me. I'm still working on some more designs, but if you'd like to check them out, I'll link my Etsy account below!

Post a Comment