The Newest Pop Princess is All Scraped Up

Thursday, April 1, 2021

 


The Chicago artist, Goof, is no stranger to Megan Hubrex's blog. I interviewed her in August 2020 (here's the link in case you missed it: X) and since then, Goof has grown. 

"With help from friends who are talented producers coupled with years of songwriting and poetry experience, this new artist is hitting the ground running. The voice behind Goof, Natalie Taylor Carioti, spent her college years studying Musical Theatre and is so excited for her own work to be heard - from songs that make you ugly cry to bops made for blasting. Goof hopes that by releasing truthful music, they can help others find songs they connect to and bring comfort and a safe space for all. Goof’s mission is making Pop for the People."

Natalie AKA Goof has 3 released singles at this current time and their newest single, All Scraped Up, is what I'm here to focus on (because I could literally write a full blog post on each song, but I WON'T!)

I had the complete honor to listen to All Scraped Up a day before it got released to the world. As I was sitting on my bed, playing this 80's-influenced song with retro keyboard sounds blasting through my Google Home, I IMMEDIATELY knew this song will be on repeat for ages. 

All Scraped Up brings lyrics of "a little escape from everyday life with growing older, losing love, and trying to find your place in this world". It's a catchy beat and the chorus of

 "I'm all scraped up, in my body, in my heart, and in my soul

is something I cannot stop singing. Goof has explained this song as well as ever: "“Pairing the sensitive lyrics with the upbeat happy pop sound is supposed to represent how people suffer in silence and put on a brave face to hide their demons. This song itself is like the mask people wear when struggling with something they’re not proud of. I hope it shows people that they’re not alone in how they feel and that I have the same scary thoughts too."




Goof has always had a voice for singing, ever since I followed her old band, The Isherwoods. The musical theater alumni has chosen the right path: creating music and creating pure art. I attended Goof's YouTube concert in February and right afterwards I told my mom, "Natalie's voice is just so good."

And let me tell you, All Scraped up is a song where you want to dance to it while drinking a Redbull Vodka with a disco ball lights flashing around the room (or uh...is that just me who does that?) Either way, this coming-of-age song really shows that

 Goof is our newest Pop Princess

 and I bow down.


____


Here are some important links for Goof:

Instagram: X

All Scraped Up new single on Spotify: X

Goof's Spotify Page: X

Post a Comment