Top 5 of Life/ May 31st, 2016

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Another edition of Top 5!!! YAY!!

1) Love Me So by Stereo Kicks. SO Stereo Kicks are a 8 piece boy band that was put together on the TV show, X Factor UK, which I watch religiously. I vividly remember Stereo Kicks and loved them but didn't like how there were 8 of them. The judges wanted to "try something different", so they put them all together as a boy band. If I recall correctly, they didn't make it to the end or anything. But in June 2015, they put out a song called Love Me So, which I just recently came across, instantly loved, and can't stop playing. Less than a year after their formation, they broke up as a band because apparently they couldn't get a record deal (plus they had some scandals...) I'm oddly devastated since they only put out one song. I guess an 8 piece boy band is too much boy band.






2) BBC Radio 1 'School Run.' So School Run is on YouTube and it's where 3 kids get a rid home from school (or to school) from a celebrity (this takes place in the UK, by the way). The kids ask the celebrity questions and they talk to them and it's an all around good time. There are only a couple of them, but the celebrities that have done the school run are Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Matty from The 1975, and 2 members of The Vamps. I think Matty's was my favorite because he raps R. Kelly's "Ignition." Although, Nick Jonas singing Camp Rock in his school run is a close second favorite.





3) Raw sunflower seeds. I admit that at first I hated these things. They're just sunflower kernels, unsalted, and thrown in a bag. Now, I can't stop eating them. I bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill raw seeds for $4 (WHY DID I SPEND THAT MUCH!!???!) and I eat them at night to curb my craving for other food. I keep them on my desk next to my laptop, so now whenever I go on my laptop, no matter what time of day, I eat a handful. I really want to home make granola one day and I think these seeds would go perfect in granola. AND THEY'RE HEALTHY!!!


4) No7 Beautiful Skin purifying mask for normal/oily. My mom gave me a bunch of face masks because she's not using them anymore and this face mask was interesting. You  have to rub it in your face and it heats up (you can definitely feel the heat) then leave it on for 2 minutes. Like all face masks, it's suppose to "draw out the impurities." I followed the directions, then rinsed it off. And MAN, was my skin soft! A lot of face masks don't make my skin soft because I have rougher skin, but this stuff really worked! I also had 2 pimples about to show on my face and by the morning, they were gone?!?! I have never had a face mask actually work like that before. I admit, I don't know how much this stuff costs, but it's worth it!!!




I would like to change it up a bit and tell you one thing I DON'T like this week:

5) Relvon Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream hair dye. So, I went to Walmart in search of brown-black hair dye and I didn't want it to cost much because I'm broke. I found this Revlon brand surprisingly for $4-$5 per box! It was permanent hair dye and everything! I was so excited. I got home, dyed my hair with the formula, and here to find out, I should stick to more expensive hair dye. This stuff is pure crap. It didn't even dye parts of my hair, which were left spotty and my old color was a faded blue/gray and with this Revlon stuff, it turned half my head a sickly green. Now, at first is was perfect and I loved the color and was so confident in it that I overlooked the spottiness at first. Then when I washed it over time, it turned more and more green. I was embarrassed to be seen in public a little bit. I redyed it again with the same brand and color (because I had bought 2) and the roots were STILL not the color that it was suppose to be. Now my roots have a red-ish tint that I DON'T WANT! So I advise everyone NOT TO BUY THIS HAIR COLOR WHATSOEVER!! 

Post a Comment