Top 5: February 2020

Friday, February 21, 2020

I know Top 5's aren't very popular on this blog, but honestly, I love them. And I love sharing what I LOVE! So here's the first one I've written in a while! 


1) Anthony Diaz Photography. Anthony is THE best photographer I have worked with and he's made me feel beautiful, even when I've never felt beautiful before. His editing skills are amazing and his artistic direction is out of this world. He's not afraid to get dirty to get the right angle. This isn't even sponsored. I just love him. He takes clients through the northwest suburbs (but ask him directly if you're somewhere else!) His pricing is something you can ask him about too! Right now, you can contact him through Instagram or his email! 

Instagram: XX

Email:XX


Here's some shots he's taken of me!









2) Cocokind. Now, my skin is weird. It's dry but I still get pimples. I have tried different toners recently (Kylie Skin made me have disgustingly huge pimples) and Thayer's made me break out in whiteheads. So I followed a friend's advice and tried Cocokind, a clean skin care. I got the Rosewater Facial Toner and the Facial Repair Oil. When I started using the toner, it smelled a bit, but it subsided eventually. I have never put actual oil on my face but the facial repair oil made all my dry spots disappear. I was in shock. I haven't used anything since and I only get some pimples around my "time of the month". You can get some Cocokind at Target now too! (GOD BLESS). 








Here's some links for Cocokind:
Instagram XX

Website: XX
Target: XX

3) Which Wich. This is a sub sandwich place and it's better than Subway (sorry Subway. Still love you). There's a location about 15 minutes away from my house and I'm always so giddy when I hear we're going there, even though I'm 26 years old. Remember Quizno Subs? I hated that place because when they toasted my sandwich, they always burnt it a bit. Some people love it, well, I hate it. BUT Which Wich will toast it JUST the right amount. It'll melt the cheese, but not the bun. They have a cool way of taking your order too: via paper sandwich bag. So, when you walk in, you take a paper bag and then it'll ask you what you want on it and you just check it off on your bag. You bring the bag up to the cashier, then you pay and your order is set! I suggest buying a reusable cup if you can remember to bring it back next time because it's a cheaper price every time you bring it!

They have a lot of locations (I think...at least by me they do...), just type in your zip code and see what's around!

Website: XX


4) Brunch. I had my first ever brunch for Valentine's Day at my house. It was a bit chaotic (my fault) because I've never really cooked breakfast food before. Good things I had my friends who came over help me because I was god awful at even cooking sausage patties. THANKS FRIENDS! We ended up having a fun time and played a couple rounds of bingo with prizes I bought. Also, waffle mix with a little bit of vanilla is delicious, I learned!






5) Cherry Jungle Juice. Yes, this is alcoholic. Beware. I ended up finding this recipe on Pinterest but then did my own version. I wanted something red or pink for my Valentine's Day party. Here's what I put together:

-Cherry 7-UP
-Vodka (or whipped vodka, but I didn't know what that was nor could I find it)
-Champagne (I used Cook's spumante. NOT brut!)
-Cherry Juice (just a dash from a jar of Maraschino cherries) 

Not too much alcohol, to be honest. Depends how much vodka you want, but a little goes a long way. I put in more champagne in than vodka. I'm obsessed with cherries so I added some to the bottom of the glass, too. It's REALLY good and it's the only thing I drank that day, even though I had lots of options to drink...It didn't get me "buzzed" at all, so it's pretty safe, as jungle juice goes!

Thanks for reading this Top 5, guys!

Post a Comment