An Interview with GOOF

Sunday, August 16, 2020









I met Natalie at a "meet up" many years ago where fans of a certain movie met up and talked about the movie and made friends with each other. 

Simpler times. 

Since then, I have been watching Natalie grow and progress into a really cool person (Facebook and Instagram are great ways to watch from afar...) I really wanted to interview her for my blog because I love doing interviews AND I thought interviewing Natalie would be really cool, since she's a singer and all. 

I have written about Natalie AKA GOOF on my last Top 5 (Click HERE to read it!) and how her latest single is so darn catchy. 

Please enjoy this interview with my friend, GOOF. 

____

Hi Natalie! Thank you for taking the time to answer these interview questions for me! I’ve always been a fan of your singing voice and your song covers on YouTube. How did you get into singing? Did you know you were good at it at an early age?


First off thank YOU so much for including me and always being so supportive of my music! I got into singing and music when I was really little, I think because my parents never played, like, kids music for me so I grew up on The Dixie Chicks and The Doobie Brothers haha. Then, since my aunts on my dad's side love music too, since I was a little kid that’s really all we had to relate on so they encouraged me by taking me to musicals and stuff and then playing that music in the house. 


Now, you’re creating your own music (which every song is on my Spotify playlist). How did GOOF come to be?


GOOF has been... a long journey hahaha! I’ve been writing music since middle school. I used to use it as an outlet for my feelings and to process battling mental health issues for the first time and at a young age. I had a very false sense of what the music business actually was and vowed to keep my songwriting as a hobby for myself and eventually found my way to wanting to do theatre and musicals as a career. In college however, theatre school gave me a very different insight in the stage business and I found myself yearning for friends and colleagues who shared my love of indie and alternative music. So I started going to concerts alone and I was at a show every night I was free and eventually made a lot of amazing friends. I happened to build a network of musicians I knew personally, and I started realizing that I had the capabilities to do what they were doing too and began itching to be on stage performing MY own music. All it took was me finally getting the balls to ask some amazing producer friends to help me bring my ideas to life. Also “Goof” is my high school nickname:)


Since everything with COVID and quarantine is happening, what do you want to accomplish with GOOF when things get back to a little more normalcy? 


Oh, I definitely want to figure out how to play my music live. A big setback for me is the fact that I’m not an instrumentalist, BUT I do know a lot of fantastic ones who have offered to play with me when we can have shows! I’m really excited and nervous to figure out what’s gonna be backtracked and what we can teach musicians to play live.


Any upcoming things you want to share?! Do you have any new songs soon? 


Yeah! I’m actually working on a LOT of new music lately in hopes to release an album come winter. There will definitely be at least one follow up single to Bottom Feeder and some collaborations I’m featured on that other artists will be releasing on their platforms. So keep an eye out for lots of new music and hopefully a full length album by the end of the year! 



_____





Check out GOOF's lyric video for Bottom Feeder in the video above!

YouTube: X
Instagram: X
Spotify: X

Post a Comment