My Favorite Place: Wisconsin

Friday, February 22, 2019


              So here I am, sitting on my friend’s couch, watching Netflix and writing blog posts. I’m currently in a different state than I live in. And something hit me: I could write a blog post series on my favorite places and events! It doesn’t have to be a ‘pro and con’ thing, just a “I loved this, go check it out if you can” kind of post/series.

I decided to start with Wisconsin, United States.

I thought I’d start with a state as a whole because I feel like I go there a lot. I will be doing towns or cities too, to show the best parts of the place. But seeing as I’m in Wisconsin right now, I’m ready to tell you the wonderful things I’ve been to in this state! (P.s. these are in no particular order. I appreciate them all equally.)


__

1) Lautenbach’s Orchard Country Winery and Market

Door County as a whole is a wonderful trip, especially in the summer. Door County is also famous for their cherries. And I LOVE cherries (and cherry flavored things). My favorite stop is Lautenbach’s, which sells everything cherry-esque including wine! I stopped there recently and bought sweet cherry wine, cherry syrup, chopped cherry jam, and a bottle of sweet cherry juice (I didn’t lie when I said I liked cherries...). They also have pie filling, cherry salsa, cherry mustard, maple syrup and raw honey. Not everything is cherry, too. Just take a look around and you’re 10000% sure to find something you like. They also have an amazing winery and have wine tastings! I’ll put the website below (in which you can buy things online too!) If you’re ever in Fish Creek, WI, this is a great stop. 




Location:
 9197 Hwy 42
Fish Creek, WI 54212




2) Summerfest

I try to go to Summerfest with friends as much as I can because it's the biggest concert series in Wisconsin. It happens at the end of June into July every year. There's a huge line up of big acts and tons upon tons of smaller acts to enjoy too. The Summerfest grounds is a big long strip where there are stages on either side of you when you walk down it. Summerfest is also known for their food and beer. Food from all around the world showcase here and there's so much alcohol choices that you won't be able to choose just one. Beer is VERY popular here and it gets kind of annoying with all the drunk people everywhere you step, but the music is worth it! I saw Kesha last year and it was a blast. It's definitely something I suggest in the summer, even if you go for one person! I could go on and on but I'll keep it simple: experience it at least once if you're in the area that time. 



Location:

200 N Harbor Dr

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

(I would also sign up for their emails to get good updates on who's performing!)



3) Cedarburg Winery



I will do Cedarburg as a town in another post, but I wanted to include this on my favorite part of Wisconsin tour because I buy way too much wine here and so do my friends who visit. This winery is known in the Midwest and I'm always so shocked when people in Illinois know about this place. They have regular wines: white, red, spiced, rose, ect. But then they have seasonal wines. During the Christmas season, they have Christmas Blush (a semi sweet wine) and during the summer they have strawberry blush ( a sweet wine). You can also taste the wine before you buy it, but it costs $1 each sample. Definitely a great winery!



Location:
N70 W6340 Bridge Road
Cedarburg, Wisconsin 53012




4) Wine and Harvest Festival

Yes, I'm sorry, another Cedarburg reference. But this time it's an event! I've been going to this festival since I was young (my family always shortens it down to the Fall Festival). It takes place in September every year and thousands of people show up, so if you don't like crowds, this is not the place for you unfortunately. BUT they have so many booths of things people are selling, like jewelry and paintings and clothing. It's so eclectic that it's fun to just walk through. It's located on the main road of downtown Cedarburg and there's so much food there, that even the pickiest eaters will find something they like. They also have alcoholic drinks like handmade mule and wine along with the regulars like Mike's Hard Lemonade. It's such a fun time. You might have to walk a lot, especially with parking, because there is practically nowhere to park close. 





Here's where you can find more information on this year's festival:
XX




5) Wisconsin Dells

Now, I actually haven't been IN Wisconsin Dells since I was little, but I've been AROUND it while driving around it. But I wanted to put this because I have nothing but good memories (except that one time my brother had to get stitches in his foot because he opened a metal door and his foot got caught...). I love water and I love swimming in it. The Dells have so many water parks that you really have to pick one resort per day because it's just so much. They also have other activities to do outside of the water parks, but you'd have to google those because I've only been to the resorts. I truly believe this place is great for kids and adults alike. 





Facebook

(** Images from Google Images, Facebook, or the website**)

Post a Comment