If the Internet Says So (Beauty Edition)

Monday, May 11, 2020







Internet ads are everywhere. Especially during this quarantine phase. I have been getting SO many beauty advertisements on Instagram that I never knew possible. 


I decided to do it. I decided to give in. I GAVE IN TO THE ADVERTISEMENTS!

I knew I wanted to do a blog post where I tried things and gave a review on them because my reviews are very honest and people actually tell me they enjoy those type of posts. 



I wanted to give a disclaimer to the new people who are reading this: I am NOT a makeup and skin care guru. I just like trying my best! Also, I don't give ratings such as 7/10 or 5 stars because I would rather write up what I learned. 



So, here I am! I bought a few things that kept popping up on my feed: Glossier, Winky Lux, and Billie

I want to make this into a mini series because I've ordered more internet things to review but they're not here yet and I didn't want to make this post too long.


I do want to say that I didn't buy just anything that I came across. If they seems sketchy or too pricey or just not really worth it, I didn't buy it. I'm also NOT SPONSORED! I mean, I wish I was, but I'm not so all opinions are my own. 


Let's start off this review post, shall we?

____


Glossier



What I bought: Nightshine (Platinum Rose) and Cloud Paint (Puff)


Where to buy: X



Nightshine: This is a liquid highlighter and I have been looking everywhere for one as good as Bleach London's. Bleach's got gross and old really fast but it was my favorite highlighter I've ever had. I bought this in Platinum Rose and I tried it out after I put on my foundation. It was a beautiful color when I swatched it on my hand, but didn't really show up great on my face. Maybe I dabbed too much with my makeup sponge? It just didn't make me GLOW like I wanted. 

Cloud Paint: This is a liquid blush. I haven't used blush since middle school, so I decided why not try and spice things up. Cloud Paint is the most common Glossier product I hear about. When I got it, I put a swatch of it in my hand and it was really hard to blend. I was afraid it would not go well on my face. But when I put it on below my highlight and used my makeup sponge, it  gave me a nice pink color and I was surprised how nice it looked! I don't put too much on because I have a usually red face but it gives it a nice pink tint. 


(This is me with both products on and no filter)

~~

Winky Lux

What I bought: Peeper Perfect (Under eye concealer) and Glitter Puff (Pink Cloud)

Where to buy: X





Peeper Perfect: I have dark circles. They look like someone punched me in the face and I try my best to edit them out of my pictures because I'm so embarrassed of them. I have tried eye masks and nothing ever gets rid of them. I decided to try this concealer made especially for under your eyes to hide dark circles. When I put it on, it came on strong and I dabbed with the tip of my finger to make sure I covered my whole under eye. It covered it well enough, but I still felt like my dark circles were peaking through. I just don't think this was a strong enough color for me. 



(The left eye is with the concealer! No other makeup is on)



Glitter Puff: I love glitter makeup. I wear it on my hair when I go to every single concert. I put it on my arms when I go to a party. I just love it. So I decided to try this glitter in a tube type of thing. WARNING: IT WILL GET EVERYWHERE! It comes in a pump and when I went to do one pump on my arm, it literally came out in a puff and it definitely wasn't directed on one spot. It went on the floor, on my counter, but a lot on my arm too. I think it's a little too concentrated for me BUT I haven't tried it in my hair at all, which is says you can also do. I don't know the staying power of this glitter as a hair product, but you can can always try! It just made me look like a 4 year old got into a tub of glitter, which I surprisingly didn't like. 

~~
Billie

What I bought: Razor Starter Kit

Where to buy: X




I've recently been very transparent in the fact that I have to shave my face. I was embarrassed about it for years (I still kind of am...) but I'm nothing if not honest. I keep seeing this razor on every social media account that I have so I finally messaged them and asked if their razors are okay on faces. My men's razor that I've been using for years has always hurt my face, to be honest. But Billie responded and said that their razors are totally fine for faces and have charcoal shave soap around the edges for a softer shave. 


I ordered the $9 starter kit that will give me new razors every 3 months for $9 (you can cancel at anytime!)

When the razor came, I was impressed with the packaging. It was very colorful and very on brand for them. I hung up the magnetic holder on my shower wall and then took a shower. When I was shaving, it didn't hurt at all. It actually felt like I wasn't even shaving! That put me off at first because I'm used to my face hurting. I did have to go over some spots a couple times because the razor didn't shave it enough, but it felt great while in the shower. 

When I got out of the shower, my neck (where I mostly shave) was REAL red. It looked inflamed a bit. Now, I've had it much MORE inflamed before and this was the first time I used the razor so it could have been just the sharpness of the blades. I'm still going to keep using it because I like how it doesn't hurt my face in the shower.





I have a friend who uses it on her legs (most likely the intended purpose of this razor) and she loves it. It just gives her a really clean shave. I haven't tried the other competitor brand of Billie, Athena Club, but maybe one day I will, just to compare!

 _________________


So those are just a few I've tried recently! I have some things coming in the mail soon like those star pimple patches and gummy hair vitamins and I'll give a review for those too when the time comes. Have you guys tried any of the things above? I'd love to hear of your experiences and if this review helped any of you!

Post a Comment