Cup of Cheer Holiday Cards

Monday, September 13, 2021



 Hello friends! 

It's September and I'm talking about the holidays already. You can sigh, I understand. I heard that there will be holiday shopping deals starting soon, so...you can't get mad at me for this post! IT'S ALL ABOUT HOLIDAY CHEER! ;)


For those who don't know, I have had a new job for about 6 months. I work at a senior living community that houses independent living, assisted living, and memory care residents. It's different than a nursing home. Here is the Google definition:


“Senior living community” is a general term for the different types of care and housing for seniors, 55 years of age and older. These communities can be designed to suit any type of lifestyle and level of medical care including independent living, assisted living, retirement communities and memory care facilities.



I am a concierge AKA the front desk receptionist. In the past 6 months, the residents at my job have won my heart. They gush about my cute outfits and they tell me their fun life stories. In return, I give them all the kindness and love that they deserve. 

The holidays are what I call "giving season" in my world. I make cards, I give gifts, I show appreciation for others. I suddenly had an amazing idea: I will give each resident at my place a holiday card this year! They are the sweetest bunch of people and I KNOW this will just warm their hearts! I have already had some people show some interest in helping me, because oh my GOSH I'm going to need help. I wanted to get this out there now (and of course I will share this post closer to the actual holidays). I have some rules that everyone needs to follow if they're going to send cards to my favorite people aka my residents. I also wanted to put that I named this event/activity: 

Cup of Cheer Holiday Cards

Cute, right?

CARD RULES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED:

1) You cannot use the word "Christmas" in any form. It can only be written with the word "holiday" or "seasons greetings"

2) Please sign your name as "your friend___" or things of the sort. Adding where your from is great, too.

3) Do not put a name on the card. You will not receive a certain person. There are both men and women, so please keep it gender neutral. 

4) Keep it positive and upbeat! Decorate it, wish them well, tell a little about yourself, ect. 

5) Include an envelope but have it UNSEALED when you send it to me, unless I have given you certain permission. 

ALSO:

-You CAN include your address in the card in case they would like to write you back! There is no guarantee on that one, though. 

-Decorate it to your hearts desire!


Sending Instructions:

*Please bundle your cards in a bigger envelope/box/manila envelope and put my address on the outside of that. 

*Again, keep each card UNSEALED. 

*If you are someone who does not know me personally and does not have the sending address for me, email me at Mhubrex@gmail.com

* I need a total of 150 cards, but the more the BETTER! I will either hand out multiple cards to each resident or I will deliver them to other communities. 

*Deadline for the cards to be at my house by: December 17th

I know that doesn't give a lot of time in December to make them, so get started early!!!

I might be hosting a Zoom event in late November for us to get together online and make some together. Let me know if anyone would be interested me doing that!


Thank you guys so much for all of this. I am already overwhelmed by the support on this project (in a good way!) Cup of Cheer Holiday Cards are sure to be a hit! 

Post a Comment