Fashion Week Series 2021: Guest Post with Jahnaye

Monday, September 6, 2021

Fashion Week is a huge event all over the world. Milan, London, New York. Fashion Week brings every fashion lover out, whether they attend a runway show or just walk the streets during the week, it's a staple affair. 

As someone who loves fashion, it's always been my goal to go to New York Fashion week. I watch shows via YouTube and I look at pictures on fashion sites on what everyone wore on the street. Iconic. I love the air of it all. 

___

When I first met Jahnaye, she had a wonderful personality that draws you in. We started talking about fashion and I found out: She is a fashion major! My DREAM! Jahnaye and I decided we wanted to talk more about fashion and I wanted her to guest post during New York Fashion Week. I'm so excited for this fashion week series with her and trust me, you'll love Jahnaye, too!

_




My name is Jahnaye, and I’m so excited to be collaborating with Megan for her Fashion Week blog series. Just to give a quick intro on my background, my love of fashion started in early childhood.

 

I was convinced that I was going to become the next Vera Wang living my best life in Manhattan. After realizing that I was horrible at both sewing and drawing (it definitely didn't get better as I grew up lol), I switched my attention to other areas of the industry.

 

Fast forward a few years, I officially received my degree in Fashion merchandising and now work in styling & e-commerce. Due to the pandemic, I never got a chance to go to NYC during Fashion Week so I jumped at the chance to bring NYC to Illinois in this post!

 

After stalking a bunch of NY fashion bloggers' Pinterest pages, I came up with an outfit I’d wear if I was actually on the streets of NYC during Fashion Week. I’m a frugal person at heart, so the whole outfit I’m sharing today is under $50 (who doesn’t love a good deal?)

 

I’ve been dying to wear my blue baby doll dress from Target’s Who Wear Collection (from last year’s fall collection) all summer but it’s been way too hot! This is going to be my go to dress until it's freezing outside. I added sunflower clips to my belt and shoes to give this look some pizazz and the look is complete! Stay tuned for the next post where we’ll share how to add fall trends into your wardrobe without breaking the bank.

 




 Outfit details: 

Dress- Who What Wear: https://ebay.to/3DqyuUn (Similar dresses)

 

Belt- Thrifted

 

Shoes- Marc Fisher Anty (Sold out): https://ebay.to/3jobBcc (Similar)

 



Post a Comment