Fashion Week Series 2021: Jahnaye's Outfit Tips

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

As we are in the middle of NYC Fashion week, Jahnaye has you covered for upscale fashion at a lesser cost (Thank GOODNESS)!


 NYC Fashion Week Streetwear Outfit + Trends on a budget


 Pinterest and I have a love/ hate relationship right now (I love it, but my wallet...not so much) because I want to buy almost every single outfit I see related to NY fashion week. I just about died when I saw this outfit when I was searching for FW streetwear looks! Polka dots are one of my all time favorite prints, and the woman wearing this outfit is beyond gorgeous!

(Via Getty Images)

As a certified frugal gal, I can’t justify spending a ton of money on clothes no matter how cute and adorable they are. With that being said, it is absolutely necessary for me to go shopping for my clothes second hand, whether it be an actual thrift store, or a consignment/resale store, and sometimes my mom’s closet (sometimes without her permission LOL)!


 Polka dots are on trend for Spring/Summer 21, which already flew by this year. Too quickly in my opinion because I’m not ready to let go of summer just yet. I’m also an avid believer in wearing any trend I enjoy past it’s season, so I’ll be carrying polka dots into fall, winter, and all the seasons that follow.


I created my own variation of the outfit above with items I thrifted from SwapPoshmark! I think she’s wearing a jumpsuit, which I unfortunately don’t have in a polka dot pattern. I opted for pairing a vintage gap button down with matching polka dot pants. The beret and the belt are from my mom’s closet, but I’ve found similar options at Walmart and Target during the winter holidays.





Now...onto the best part! Wanting to try out fashion trends can get pretty expensive, especially the more Avant Garde the trend is. My solution to this (your wallet will thank you) is to find one or two pieces you would actually wear on a day to day basis.

For example, this PureWoW article mentions printed pants being a fun breakaway from jeans for fall & winter. I absolutely love the pant + moto jacket combo the lovely lady below is wearing, however an outfit like this may not get a lot of use in someone’s everyday wardrobe.

(Ruben Chamorro)

You could definitely find ways to style these paper bag waist gingham pants from Target though! The tie cinches in the waist, and you could rock this throughout all the seasons with a variation of tops and shoes. I would personally wear this with a white puff sleeve top, tan booties, and add a pearl headband for extra glitz. These are under $35 on clearance (my favorite section) so they are super wallet friendly.


 I love the option of toning down the look without it feeling bland. Dress it up with mules and a white blouse! You could even pair this with a basic white tee + sneakers and still look put together.



I put together a million of these outfit boards because I have too much spare time on my hands and I love visualizing different pieces together. Here’s another option of a possible outfit you could wear with printed pants! I think the boots are my favorite piece in this look. 




What trend will you add to your closet this season?



___


I want to thank Jahnaye for her AMAZING guest posts! She has such a fun writing style and I'm so glad I got to collab with her! Watch this blog space for future Jahaye fashion content :) 


If you'd like to follow the fashion queen herself, she has an up and coming Instagram page: X

Post a Comment