Top 5 of Life: August

Wednesday, August 16, 2017



For all those who are new to my blog, I like to write a monthly post about my 5 favorite things in my life and it can really be ANYTHING. It's a popular YouTube segment, but I decided to write about it instead! I hope you enjoy!


((These top 5's are also part of July but hey, who's paying THAT close of attention?))

1) Birthdays. Now, I know a lot of people hate birthdays and I did too, back when I was super sad about my life. Which was YEARS upon years of depression. I hated getting older. But after my 21st birthday which was one of my worst birthdays ever, I decided to enjoy them. My 22nd birthday had someone who was way more famous than me send me beautiful roses and it was amazing. My past birthday (on July 25th) was my 24th birthday was even better than my 23rd. I had a great full day of friends and laughter and lots of balloons and cake! I love birthdays. I really do. 



2) Dunkirk. Okay okay, just because Harry Styles is in it doesn't mean my opinion will change. I think it was an okay movie. Confusing in parts, boring in others, but by golly, the cinematography was GORGEOUS. I saw it in XD so the screen was massive, and the sky and the ocean were so crisp and that's really what I stared at half the time, how beautiful it was. The movie was 100% not Oscar worthy and Harry Styles didn't get a role where he should be nominated for an Oscar, but everyone did a fine acting job. It's just the beautiful nature scenes that should win ALL THE OSCARS. 

3) Going out to work on internet things. I love bringing my computer to little cafes, Panera Bread, or Starbucks and working on my blog there. It gets me out of the house and the environment is so relaxing to me. You can go with friends or by yourself (I've done both) but either way, eating and writing is a win-win to me. 


4) Panera Bread's agave lemonade. It's a Panera post this month, I guess. I've been going there a lot recently and just discovered their lemonade made with lemons, cane sugar, and agave nectar. Normally I stay away from "healthy versions" of things. Not because I don't want to be healthy, but because I'm VERY picky and I most likely will think it tastes bad. BUT THIS LEMONADE IS AMAZING. It honestly tastes like regular fresh squeezed lemonade. It's just a bit healthier. I recommend this drink to anyone who needs a cool refreshing summer drink. 


5) The blogging community. I'm less than a year into this whole new blog of mine (not counting my mental health blog I used to have), so I'm really a newbie. I just made a Twitter and an Instagram specifically for my blog (which does include some personal life tweets sometimes) but I only really follow other bloggers on these accounts. I had no idea there was a whole community of bloggers and how NICE they are! I have yet to encounter a rude blogger, although I do bet there is someone like that out here. I felt so welcomed by the community and ever since joining, my views on my blog have went WAY up. I'm very thankful for them and their open arms, even when I'm still new to all this! (My new twitter and Instagram is linked on this page! Follow me if you'd like!)

Post a Comment