Mental Health During Quarantine: Part 3

Monday, July 13, 2020






I have gotten a lot of great feedback on this series. People have also told me to keep it going after quarantine, which is very kind! But you know what? I don't think we're going to last much longer in quarantine so I thought I'd get this one out! (Although, the numbers of Covid-19 are going up in some places...omg!)

If you've been reading this, you know how this goes. But if you HAVEN'T read this series yet, let me reiterate what I'm doing with this post.

Mental health is up and down right now. Last night I had a bad mental health night for the fact that I've been on social media so much recently because that's all I CAN do. A mean comment from a girl I don't know made my night terrible. I know, I know, I'm too sensitive, but I feel like all of us are kind of on edge right now.

We can't do all the things we love. We can't go to places we really like. I feel quite stuck and I think a lot of people feel that way too.

So, I'm making these posts to help people (and ME) see through the hard times a bit. Things I'm doing or want to do, to take my mind off it.

HERE WE GO! ENJOY!

_____

Listen UP

Podcasts: I haven't listened to a podcast in years. Literally. But I found a podcast recently called Behind the Feed by Josie Sanders. It's about how to live your creative life and tips and tricks for Instagram. It's a really good podcast but I just wanted to put in here: START LISTENING TO PODCASTS AGAIN! I mean, some people listen to them a lot still but I haven't really heard much about them recently. But I took a walk this week and listened to Behind the Feed instead of my usual music and it really put me in a good mood. When you find a good podcast, you don't want to stop listening!


Let's Eat:

I love putting a recipe in these posts. This recipe is something I can no longer have because you know, diabetes is hard. BUT I used to be in love with it. It''s called Overnight Oats. You can find the exact recipe HERE but I'm going to write how I simplify it! I use a cup of oats because I eat it for a few days. If you want it for one meal, use less oats. This is for a sweeter version of oats by the way!

You Need:
A mason jar
Quick Oats
Honey
Vanilla
Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
Milk (Any type of milk OR water)

Steps:
1) Pour about a cup of oats in a clean mason jar
2) Pour in milk that just about covers the oats. If there is too much milk, it will be watery. 
3) Mix in a dash of vanilla, a tablespoon of honey, 1/3 cup of yogurt
4) Stir well

5) Cover with the mason jar lid and place in refrigerator overnight. 
6) If you want it sweeter or want to add peanut butter to it, you can taste it the next morning when it's done. Add what you like!




 Mental Health Awareness

When I was researching for this post, I came across this picture on Google:

I thought this was so great and wanted to share it!

But I wanted to give some links about things you may not even think about during this time. 

1) Make sure you're on top of your medications right now! Mental Health America has a little check list (that you can read HERE) that tell you things like pharmacies will be open still but don't wait right until you need a refill! And some pharmacies are doing delivery options, so check into that!

2) Check in with others. I know, you keep hearing people saying "check in with YOURSELF!" but you also need to be a bit selfless (just a bit!) and I found a really cool link called "just checking in". It's prompts you can say to others to see how they're doing. Click HERE for the link 


__

This was a short one, but I hope it gave you some kind of inspiration to keep busy!! 

1 comment

  1. When someone judges you, it isn't about you , it's about their insecurities...they try to hurt others by saying rude things. Just think of a positive thought when you experience this again like "I write a pretty great blog!" :) Sig

    ReplyDelete