Life Update: 7/31/2020

Friday, July 31, 2020

I always say that I'm "busy". I truly am though. I seem to bite off more than I can chew in life. But I recently read in a book that said "business is not a personality trait" (how did I even have time to read a book?!). I took that quote to heart because I only use the word "busy" now when I'm trying to explain to someone why I can't do something. I mean, it's not a bad word by any means, just...overused in my life. 

I decided to give a life update on all things Megan because sometimes it's hard to keep track of what I'm doing and creating (trust me, I GET it). I'll do it in bullet points because we all love a good bullet point. 


____


1) I had my birthday on July 25th! I started out with going to Denny's (a birthday tradition for me), then I went to a sunflower field 45 minutes away from my house with 2 of my friends. It cost $5 to get in and holy moly was it worth that money. SO beautiful. If you're in Illinois, I highly suggest the Von Bergen's Country Market sunflower maze in Hebron, Illinois! Here's their Facebook page with lots of good updates:



2) I had a birthday PARTY on July 26th. All my friends came and it was a really fun (yet EXTREMELY hot) day. My friend Lindsey came from 5 hours away to celebrate it with me and I love her for that! 

(Lindsey and I in our flower dress. The birthday theme was "flowers".)


3) I am now writing some blog posts for a mental health community in Chicago! I submitted my first one and they loved it. No word when it will get published online, but I'll let you guys know when it does! 

4) I now volunteer (work?) at a thrift store. Okay, so this is what happened, for everyone asking: I stumbled upon a local and new thrift store in my town. I went in, bought some cool hand painted jeans, and started talking to the owner for literally 45 minutes. I somehow ended up saying "if you need any help, let me know!" and he said back "I need all the help." SO, I went in yesterday for my first day and helped sort some junk that people usually give to thrift stores (HEY! STOP GIVING US YOUR USED UNDERWEAR! THROW IT OUT!!!!!) and I actually had a really good time. I'm not getting paid for this gig, but it's still fun because I'm real good at knowing quality clothes. 




5) I am now the creator of a community writing club. This one really just snuck up on me, to be honest. The thrift store I work at is trying to raise funds to start clubs up: a music club, an art club, and now a writing club (says me). The owner wants to give back to his community and that's his ultimate goal, which I think is awesome. As for me, the gosh darn PRESIDENT, my goal with this club is to end up self publishing a short story book with little stories written by all people. Cool, huh? To raise these funds, I'm selling REAL good thrifting finds on my Depop and Mercari sites. I'll keep posting as I keep selling, but I sold 2 things in one day, so hopefully I'll raise enough money! 

My Depop: X
My Mercari: X



6) I have also been hanging out with friends and going to work (a good amount, I feel like). I have a 3 day vacation planned the 2nd week of september and I WANT to go to Las Vegas, but we'll see...with all this virus stuff, I'm a little worried! 


SO THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT! It may not seem much, but for me, I feel like I can't sit still. I'll go back to regular blog posting when I have a hot second. Thanks for being the best, guys! 

Post a Comment